Ask us about Taiwan

We know Taiwan pretty well and have some experience with answering even the most complex of Taiwan related questions. So, feel free to post your Taiwan question here and we'll do our best to help. Expect ~48 hours for an answer from our Taiwan team.


Hi guys,

I'm a German citizen with residency permit in Taipei who is married with a Taiwanese. I have been for 4 years in this wonderful country. Unfortunately I had a mistake three couple weeks ago and I became aware that I have some sympthoms of Hiv. Eventough I have already started to take some tests to diagnose the Virus, I have some worries about my visa issuance due to the possibility of this STD.

Can you please answer the following questions below:

1- Is it allowed by the national law to go on staying in Taiwan for the foreigners who are married with Taiwanese citizens, affected Hiv in Taiwan? If it is possible, I want to apply for medical treatments here.

2- If not, in which conditions and how soon I would be deported? Because I work here with insurance as a registered foreigner. Is there any way/potentiality to overcome the deporting?

I need some ideas/advices to solve this problem. Because I dont want to leave my Taiwanese family, nice workfellows and beautiful Taipei.

Thanks and regards to those who may be concerned with my topic.